Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Oh the places you'll go!

Posted by Allison Spence at 2:28 PM

So here is a really quick update about my life in Morocco!

A week ago a fellow PCV and I decided to visit our first host families we had during training. The new group comes in only one week and we wanted to remind them of how awesome we are before they got a brand new volunteer.

We went a really long way and basically did a lap around the Atlas mountains. Being down south reminded us both of how lucky we are to be north of the mountains in Azilal province. Greenery is very rare south...

Our host families were incredibly excited to see us. It was nice being able to actually understand more of the conversation unlike in the beginning when I knew nothing. Also it was crazy to see baby Omar walking and talking!

In a few days I'll be flying off to Paris. I'm incredibly excited to see the city. I could talk about all the amazing sites I plan on visiting... but I can't! It'll be better when I have tons of pictures to go with all my site descriptions.

Next month my bestest bud Chloe will be visiting me in Morocco for a week and then we're off to Rome!

So progress has been slow in my new site, but I have these few trips to look forward too. One amazing opportunity Peace Corps allows a volunteer is to travel... and I'm taking advantage of it for sure! Until next time...

0 comments on "Oh the places you'll go!"

Post a Comment